Wing Fling FlyerQuick Links
- Current Newsletter
- Current Commander’s Corner
- Veterans Assistance
- Bingo Info
- Dance and Live Music Info
- Calendar of Events
- Venue Rental Information
- Join Us!
- Community Service Hours and Information
New and Noteworthy
50 Cent Wing Night and Membership Drive February 7 starting at 6PM
Come renew your membership: Get 6 wings free
Come sign up as a new member: Get 8 wings free
Just come enjoy a great time in a great patriotic atmosphere and enjoy 50 cent wings until they are gone!
Valentine’s Day Dance Party 2/15/2020
Not your typical Valentine’s Day Dance. This is about fun and loving love, or not.
Saturday February 15, 2020 8PM-11:30PM
- $10 a person, reservations suggested but not required
- Love songs and not so in love songs with DJ Mox!
- Special “not so in love” line dance with Karen and Anitia
- Over $200 in door prizes
- Two choreographed dances by Arjun Gibson and Ksenia Wood
- Reservations suggested. Get the reservation form.
New Eligibility Rules for the American Legion!
The congress and president have passed the LEGION Act which changes our eligibility requirements and means that millions more Georgia veterans are able to be a part of the American Legion. See our eligibility page for more information: Join Us!
Updated Instructions for Kroger Community Rewards
The American Legion Post 233 has enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Our members and
supporters can link their Kroger Rewards Card to assist American Legion Post 233 with various fundraising
efforts. It is very easy to enroll your current card. If you do not currently have a card, simply stop at any Kroger
and let them know you would like a Kroger Rewards Card. You must enroll your card online for American
Legion Post 233 to benefit from the program. This program is at no cost to you, and is very easy to set up.
TO SIGN UP FOR KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS:
1. Register online at https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow/
2. Click on the “I’m a Customer” link.
3. Click on My Account. This is located in a drop-down menu under your profile icon, in the upper right
corner of your screen.
4. Click on Community Awards. This is located in a menu bar on the left side of your screen.
5. From this screen, you can add or change the organization you wish to support. Search, “American
Legion Post 233.” Click Enroll.
6. You will get a confirmation screen. You are all done! Thank you for helping us support veterans in our
own community. Don’t forget to sign out from your account by returning to the drop-down menu on the
Full Printable Instructions for Kroger Rewards Program
Army, Air Force and Navy Exchange PX Shopping – How to Register
The Army, Air Force and Navy exchange will start allowing all honorably discharged veterans to shop online. The target start date is Veterans Day, November 11, 2017 but, you must register first. Registration has already began. You must call 1-844-868-8672 to register.
Prior to calling the 1-844-868-8672 go online to VETVERIFY.ORG there are several questions, fill out the form. If the screen reappears with the message; “Your Information Cannot be Found” you may be given the option to retry. The Social Security Number filled out the first time with your last four, will now require your whole Social Security number. If the second attempt results in failure, it can be because your information has not yet been downloaded into the site. The system is scheduled to get another update of military personnel the first week of September 2017. The site is loading up the information of fifteen million Veterans, the updating is taking longer than expected.
NOTE: In the event your record is not found after the September update, the next course of action is to get a DS LOGON Level 2 this will serve as proof of eligibility for access to the Military Exchange Service, then call the 844 number, they will work to help you get registered. The two sites use two different databases, DS Logon Level 2 application uses to Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
The following link explains DS Logon Level 2:
[Copy and paste the above link in your web browser]
A: For help with:
- Remote DS Logon identity proofing over the phone to upgrade to a Premium (Level 2) Account (requires receipt of VA compensation through a direct deposit or Electronic Fund Transfer).
- Add Veteran to Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) requests for people who qualify for phone proofing Call the Veterans Affairs Benefits & Services—Telephone Assistance Service to speak with an eBenefits Specialist
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-8:00 pm Eastern Time 1.800.827.1000, option 1, option 7, option 0
For help with:
- eBenefits General Questions & Technical Issues
- DS Logon eligibility for VA affiliated people
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-8:00 pm Eastern Time 1.800.983.0937, option 2
For help with:
- Problems or questions about the VA’s Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS)
Please visit the VA’s Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) FAQs at https://iris.custhelp.com/app/answers/list.
Four Pillars of The American Legion
Do you know the four pillars of the American Legion? Can you name them?
- Veteran’s Affairs and Rehabilitation
- National Security
- Children and Youth
Each of these areas has spawned a variety of Legion programs to further the aims of the Legion in that area. Now is a good time to remind yourself about all the good works of the Legion and to recommit ourselves to the Four Pillars. You can read more about the Four Pillars by clicking this link.
Welcome Veterans and Friends of Veterans!
The American Legion in Loganville is open to EVERYONE!
Yes, that’s right, the public is always welcome. The majority of the events held at the Legion do not require membership. If you are eligible to become a member but would still like to get an idea of who we are, please join us as our guest for any of our meetings. To determine eligibility please visit our eligibility page. Please note, you are eligible to become a member of the Auxiliary if you are a mother, wife, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, or grandmother of members of The American Legion, and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war eras. Sons of the American Legion members include males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military and were eligible for American Legion membership.
Contact us today to attend one of our events, be our guest or sign up to become a member! We look forward to meeting you.
Recent Photos from the Post and our Members
Visit our Flickr feed to see more…